Edit the metadata of selected images.
Metadata is freeformat text (title, description, creator, publisher, rights etc.) that describes your images.
- Delete visible (see below) metadata from the selected images.
- metadata entry fields
- A separate field is displayed for each metadata item. Hold Ctrl while scrolling with your mouse to increase the height of a field. Press Ctrl+Enter to insert a new line. Press Enter to apply any text entered in the current metadata field to the selected images. Double-click on a field’s label to delete the contents of that field.
- Apply new settings from the metadata entry fields to the selected images.
The “preferences…” option in the presets menu brings up a dialog where you can configure how metadata is handled within darktable. For each metadata item, two check boxes allow you to restrict how metadata is handled:
- Show or hide this metadata field. Hidden fields are not included in exported images.
- Keep this metadata field private. Private fields are not included in exported images.